The Latchways PushLock safety eyebolt provides a discreet yet highly effective alternative to unsightly conventional eyebolts.
While conventional eyebolts meet the safety need, their lack of aesthetic consideration can impair the visual characteristics of the office, hotel or housing environment in which they are installed. The pleasing design and assured safety of the Latchways PushLock overcomes the problem.
- The Latchways PushLock socket is a permanent anchor installed into the structure of the building.
- The socket is suitable for installation in a variety of materials including brickwork, concrete and steelwork.
- Sockets are available for installation in cavity walls and suspended ceilings.
- The PushLock socket is discreetly capped when not in use.
- Socket caps are available in a prestige brass finish, stainless steel and a range of colours.
- When required, the worker inserts a PushLock eyebolt into the socket to create a secure anchor.
- Insertion or removal of the PushLock eyebolt is a two handed operation, which therefore makes accidental removal impossible.
- The PushLock socket and eyebolt are tested to 22 kN as part of our internal test procedures.
- PushLock has been tested to EN795:1996 and meets all appropriate international standards including the EC Declaration of Conformity.
Testing / Maintenance
- System testing must be conducted annually to ensure that system certification is maintained. Key system checks such as pull testing are part of this process. System testing and maintenance should only be undertaken by trained and certified installers. Contact Latchways Sales Department for details of certified installers.
- Only ever attach to the PushLock system by means of a safety lanyard and full body harness in compliance with the appropriate legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the safety lanyard incorporates an energy absorber and is no more than 2.0 m long.
- Ensure that the karabiner used to connect the lanyard to the PushLock eyebolt is locked closed.
- Do not use the PushLock system as a primary means of support, to support partial or full body weight, or for abseiling.
- Do not allow anyone to tamper with or adjust the PushLock system when in use.
- Further details are available in the user instructions.
For further information on any aspect of ManSafe for Window Maintenance please contact Latchways.