MSA's Latchways engineered lifeline systems for ladders provide outstanding personal safety for individuals working on any type of fixed ladder.
Such is the simplicity of the design concept that the Latchways ladder system can be installed to follow the contours of the structure and so maximise its safety value in a working environment. Equally, the proven effectiveness of the LadderLatch unit with its unique starwheel component provides workers with the security of being constantly attached to the system whilst also having both hands free for climbing. If a worker should fall from the system, the LadderLatch immediately locks onto the system cable and arrests the fall.
In the event of a fall, a worker attached to a Latchways ladder system is far less likely to be injured during the fall arrest process compared to a fall from a traditional hoop system. Whereas hoop systems prevent a worker falling backwards off a ladder, the hoops themselves present a significant threat if the worker should fall down a ladder.
- Can be fitted to follow the contours of the structure.
- Suitable for retrofitting or as part of a new build.
- The whole system is unobtrusive and lightweight.
- Operation is not affected by snow, ice or adverse weather conditions.
- Can be installed for use in virtually all environments.
- Can be integrated into a comprehensive system incorporating vertical, inclined and horizontal sections.
- Will support up to four workers on a single line.
- LadderLatch starwheel unit rotates freely through the intermediate cable guides to give the user continuous hands-free protection.
- In the event of a fall, the LadderLatch device locks onto the cable and arrests the fall.
- Energy absorbers built into the system protect the end anchors from excessive loads should a fall from the system occur.
- The LadderLatch device can be attached or detached at any point in the system.
- Latchways ladder systems are easy to install and maintain.
- Comprehensive range of specialist components to enable installation on a wide variety of towers.
- Meets all appropriate international standards.
- Installation of engineered lifeline systems on ladders should only be carried out by a Latchways trained and registered installer company. Contact the Latchways Sales Department for details of registered installers.
Testing / Maintenance
- System testing must be conducted annually by a suitably qualified installer to ensure that system certification is maintained. Key system checks such as deployment of shock absorbers, swage tests and torque checks are part of this process. Contact the Latchways Sales Department for details of registered installers.
- Only attach to the system by means of the front D-ring of a full body harness conforming to the appropriate safety standards.
- Always check pre-tension before use.
- No more than the maximum number of personnel as defined in the system user instructions should attach to the system.
- Further details are available in the user instructions.
For further information on any aspect of Latchways engineered lifeline solutions for ladders including full installation, commissioning and maintenance instructions, contact the Latchways team.