MSA's Latchways engineered lifeline systems for towers, have the inherent flexibility to be configured for use on virtually any design of power transmission tower.
A key element of the system is the TowerLatch unit with its unique starwheel component. This provides workers with the security of being constantly attached to the system while also having both hands free to go about their duties. If a worker should fall from the system, the TowerLatch device immediately locks onto the system cable and arrests the fall.
- Follows the contours of the tower structure.
- Can be installed on all types of steel lattice structures, towers, masts and monopoles.
- Suitable for retrofitting or as part of a new build.
- The system is unobtrusive and lightweight.
- Operation is not affected by snow, ice or adverse weather conditions.
- Can be installed for use in virtually all environments.
- Can be integrated into a comprehensive system incorporating inclined and horizontal sections.
- Will support up to four workers on a single line.
- The TowerLatch starwheel unit rotates freely through the intermediate cable guides to give the user continuous hands-free protection.
- In the event of a fall, the TowerLatch device locks onto the cable and arrests the fall.
- The load generated in a fall is absorbed by the system’s top anchor bracket. This has a built in safety factor of 2.4 x the potential load.
- A unique patented MSA energy absorber built into the system ensures that the maximum load on the worker and end anchor in the event of a fall is minimised to 6 kN.
- If a fall occurs from the system, a fluorescent red shaft extends from the energy absorber. This shaft is visible from ground level and by helicopter inspection.
- The TowerLatch unit can be attached or detached at any point in the system.
- Latchways engineered lifelines are easy to install and maintain.
- Comprehensive range of specialist components to enable installation on a wide variety of towers.
- Meets all appropriate international standards.
Project Management Service
MSA offers a project management service including preparation of a unique system specification for each type of structure. System kits and full installation instructions are supplied clearly labelled for each individual structure. Installation training can be provided if required.
Installation of Latchways vertical engineered lifeline systems should only be carried out by a trained and registered installer company. Contact the Latchways Sales Department for details of registered installers.
Testing / Maintenance
- Contact the Latchways Sales Department for details of registered installers.
- Only attach to the system by means of the front D-ring of a full body harness conforming to the appropriate safety standards.
- Always check pre-tension before use.
- No more than the maximum number of personnel as defined in the system user instructions should attach to the system.
- Further details are available in the user instructions.
For further information on any aspect of Latchways solutions for utilities, including full installation, inspection and maintenance instructions contact the Latchways team.